Apples are so tasty and in season right now that it almost seems criminal to do anything but eat them exactly as they are. Notice I said almost. One bite of this apple cake and you may never want to eat a plain apple again.
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups chopped apples
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl and set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice, then chop 3 cups of apples
- Cream sugar and eggs together with mixer. Add vanilla and oil.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Dough will be fairly thick.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Pour mixture into floured bundt pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow cake to cool and then invert onto plate.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy apples?